- This event has passed.
- Your feet most likely will get wet.
- Because your feet may get wet, there is a strong possibility sand may get in your shoes. Well venitilated = wet and sandy on this course so plan accordingly.
- NO LATE STARTS. Budget your time to get to Black Canyon City and catch the shuttle if you are running the 1/2 marathon. You must start ahead of the sweep in order to receive a finish time.
- HEADPHONES = DQ. This too is a safety issue. This course consists almost entirely of singletrack with a ton of exposure. You need to be aware of your surroundings. When you pass someone you, they need to be able to hear you coming. If you are found wearing headphones at any time you will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- This course is awesome! If you’ve never been out here, be prepared for a treat 🙂
Long Course Series Championship
Distance: 1/2 marathon
Start Time: 07:30
A point to point 1/2 marathon. Race starts off of Table Mesa Road and follows the Black Canyon Trail to Black Canyon City and Rock Springs Cafe. 4 aid stations. It is strongly recommended that runners carry additional water.
Water/Power Gels/Power Bars/Gatorade at Aid Stations A, B, C, D, E, as well as at the Start and Finish lines.
Restrooms located at all Start and Finish lines.
We recommend that you arrive 1 1/2 -2 hour before start of event to allow adequate time for parking, shuttling, packet pickup, and warmup.
1/2 Marathon Shuttles: Shuttles will be provided to transport runners to the start line for the 1/2 marathon. Runners may use their own transportation to be dropped off at the start line, however, there will be no parking permitted at the Table Mesa Trailhead. There will be coffee, music, and a fire at the 13.1 mile start for those of you who take the earlier shuttles. First shuttle leaves at 5:30am. Last shuttle leaves at 6:40am.
10k – Short Course Series Championship
2 aid stations. River crossings, up/down, river rocks, sand. This course has it all.
NO SHUTTLES REQUIRED FOR 10K RUNNERS.
1 aid station. River crossings, up/down, river rocks, sand. This course may be the shortest but it won’t disappoint!
NO SHUTTLES REQUIRED FOR 6K RUNNERS.
This is not a part of the points series.
All runners will receive finisher medals.
There are no age group awards for the 6k fun run.
35769 South Old Black Canyon Highway, Black Canyon City, AZ 85324
DIRECTIONS from Metro Phoenix: Take I-17 North toward Flagstaff. Exit 242 toward Black Canyon City and head west. Turn left onto Old Black Canyon Hwy. Cafe is on the right. Parking will be available in the parking lot north of Rock Springs Cafe.
Note: 1/2 Marathon start is located on Table Mesa Road, 13.1 miles south of Rock Springs Cafe. Shuttles from Rock Springs Cafe will be provided.
Pre-Race Packet Pickup
Mar 09, 2019 2:00 – 5:00
Road Runner Sports
43 S McClintock Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281